Saturday 3 December 2011

Grey Day

With a small break in the weather I took the chance to head down to my local marina entrance channel, yesterday saw white caps rolling in with very strong winds. As the weather and the water starts to warm up this channel attracts all kinds of species of fish.


Marina Entrance

In between the spits of rain I made some casts from the rocky shore, first up I wanted to try a new size "Bomber" popper. I scaled the Bomber down to 90mm/40g and its a great little popper! 

Casts well, pops and still has the sub-surface swim it's bigger brother produces. I now need to spend some time finishing a few and get them out for testing. I will get some photo's up of the popper as I complete some. 

Also took the time to cast the "Cuban". I rigged a solid black 75g Cuban with 2x ST66 3/0 Barb-less trebles this will have the lure suspending with a slow sink to it. A fast sweep and retrieve will keep the lure up popping/splashing on the surface and then swimmer just below the surface.

Hoping to get a chance to head out to the local inshore reef to see if the YTK are out there in numbers yet, may be a while looking at the forecast...

No comments:

Post a Comment